Easy Work's Five Reasons You Should Work From Home
In today's tumultuous economy, more and more people are making the decision to strike out on their own and work from home for themselves. As people get called upon to do more and more for their employers for less money and fewer benefits, many are becoming tired of working so hard to make someone else wealthy in a traditional work scenario. It will be interesting to see the results of the 2010 census in regards to the number of people working from home.
The US department of Labor suggests that as of 2007, as many as 1 in 3 workers were doing at least some of their work from home, even if they maintained a more traditional job outside of the home. Statistics suggest that a significant number of these folks working from home are doing well indeed. According to Money Magazine, 20% of work at home businesses gross between 100K and 500K per Year! Aside from it being a fast growing trend, you may ask why you should take the plunge and join the millions of people who work from home.
There are many reasons, enough to fill books, however, for today we'll just give you five reasons why you should work from home:
1) You will actually save money. When you consider the cost of commuting, clothes to suit your position, lunch away from home (including for many the lure of the vending machine) your conventional job actually costs you money. When you work from home, you can sit around in sweat pants and a t-shirt all day and as long as you do your work- you are golden! Hungry? Go to the kitchen and eat! Save your car and your disposition by commuting each day from your bed to your desk!
2) You will save time. Not just commute time either: When you work from home, you can choose to work during your most productive time of day- or night. Seriously, not everyone is a morning person (I'm not!). If your most productive time of day is late night, when all the kids are in bed and you have some quiet time to yourself, by all means- go to work then. You don't have far to go... Also, when you are no longer working a job based on other people's time clock, you can streamline your work and find ways to be more efficient. Quite a few home based businesses offer the option of automating at least part of the work as well. There are also many types of time saving software programs available online- some of them for free.
3) You will be doing this for yourself, for reasons important to YOU. No longer will your goal be to make money for someone else. Because your success depends on your willingness to work on creating your own wealth, you have excellent motivation to succeed. If you choose your business carefully, your job security is up to YOU. Working from home can be a excellent confidence booster and a very empowering experience.
4) A work at home job can often be worked anywhere that has an internet connection; meaning it isn't just a work from home job, it's a work from a cafe in France job, a work by the fire at the ski lodge after a day of skiing job, a take your wireless card camping and work under a tree somewhere job. Your child has a recital at school at noon? Great! Do your work before or after and be at that recital! You get the idea. You don't have to miss out on what's important to you because you are chained to an office.
5) Your income doesn't depend on how much other people say you are allowed to make. As you learn business skills, you will probably find your income grows much faster than at a regular office job. When you find out what works for you and your business, you will then be able to improve upon your business plan, and tweak it to increase profits. The more effort you put in to learning and applying the skills, the more profit you can achieve. It helps of course, to choose a business that offers a lot of training and resources that you can use to start earning money quickly while you learn.
Other Reasons To Work From Home Articles: